About me

My photo
I'm a teacher, jeweller, writer, mother, grandmother, mini~driving punster, prankster & maker of things. Director, owner & teacher ~ the Mid Cornwall School of Jewellery. I divide my time between running MCSJ, teaching & making.

Thursday, July 07, 2011

True community!

This story sums up people-power to me.
A couple of villages in Cornall have now adopted this idea in various ways...

First you need a redundant telephone box

Then you need to gang up and insist that the phone company doesn't remove the redundant box.

Next decide what it will become instead.

One village put some shelves inside and people put their unwanted books in so anyone can take a book to read whenever they feel like it.
Instant library!

Another village uses theirs as a 'swap-shop' for seedlings. If you have too many tomato plants, stick em in the phone box so someone else can make use of them. 
Free plant merry-go-round.
That's true community. People just doing it.
Gotta love it!

1 comment:

  1. very cool idea! now if only we had lovely phone boxes like you do in the uk!

    ReplyDelete