About me

My photo
I'm a teacher, jeweller, writer, mother, grandmother, mini~driving punster, prankster & maker of things. Director, owner & teacher ~ the Mid Cornwall School of Jewellery. I divide my time between running MCSJ, teaching & making.

Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Familiar scenery

I was struck by how familiar the view from the London to Cornwall train looked.
So much like areas of Vermont I had just visited!
I love this train journey.
About an hour and a half in, if you are sitting facing forward on the left hand side of the train you will see the giant white horse carved into the side of the hills.
The scale is amazing!
Didn't quite catch it on camera though-a white blurr instead.

Further on in the journey, the train runs right beside the sea and on a wild day this splashes over the train making for a dramatic view.




I realise as I creep closer how much I have missed Cornwall
and how good it feels to be home

And I feel it deep in my bones.



No comments:

Post a Comment