About me

My photo
I'm a teacher, jeweller, writer, mother, grandmother, mini~driving punster, prankster & maker of things. Director, owner & teacher ~ the Mid Cornwall School of Jewellery. I divide my time between running MCSJ, teaching & making.

Monday, June 20, 2011

Home from home

Vermont feels a lot like Cornwall to me.
Lush rolling hills, laid back attitude and plenty of rain!
It's a little bizarre that I am headed to a place called Bethel, Vermont when I live about 5 miles from a place with the exact same name in Cornwall.

The reason I'm in Vermont is to take 2 classes with Celie Fago and help out as teaching assistant.
Nervous and excited I made my way into the hills on the final leg of my trek.
All tension left me as this magic little lane signaled my arrival


The last time I'd seen Celie and her apprentice Jen Khan was back in 2007 when they came to England to run a Masterclass at the Mid Cornwall School of Jewellery.
When that class finished Celie also gave 3 presentations at the first PMC Guild UK Symposium in London.
We had become good friends in a short space of time and, although contact in the interim 4 years had been sporadic, we easily slotted back into enjoying each others company as if it were yesterday.
After a little grocery shopping expedition I took a look around before supper.

I liked what I saw in the fading light


Celie's home studio is nestled among the trees with prayer flags fluttering in the breeze.

Below is the view looking out from the studio window on the following bright and sunny morning.  
A glorious day to begin a Hinges in PMC class


1 comment:

  1. Oh, how I agree! Maybe that is why Cornwall felt like such a "home from home" for me!

    ReplyDelete