About me

My photo
I'm a teacher, jeweller, writer, mother, grandmother, mini~driving punster, prankster & maker of things. Director, owner & teacher ~ the Mid Cornwall School of Jewellery. I divide my time between running MCSJ, teaching & making.

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Unhinged

We were in at the deep end from the outset.
All nine of us students
No introductions just straight to the business of making hinges.
Metal clay hinges.
On a TINY scale



I really had to make a conscious attempt to ratchet my focus in tighter and tighter on the precision task at hand.
Not for the faint-hearted or inexperienced, this hinge business!

Celie’s generous teaching skills and endless patience eased the process but her demos had us all holding our breath. 

Watching her place the tiny knuckles for the hinges was like watching a tightrope walk knowing that you would have to walk that same wire in a few moments. 

The tension in the room was palpable.


No comments:

Post a Comment