About me

My photo
I'm a teacher, jeweller, writer, mother, grandmother, mini~driving punster, prankster & maker of things. Director, owner & teacher ~ the Mid Cornwall School of Jewellery. I divide my time between running MCSJ, teaching & making.

Monday, June 27, 2011

Treasures

The class for the next four days is the Treasures bracelet.
From the start this is a very different feeling in the classroom.
And a new group of people (except for Kim Jakum who, like me, is taking both classes).
The focused intensity of the previous hinge class makes way for a lighthearted skip through the bracelet projects.
Of course there is still a lot to get through so we all knuckle down

Prolly one of the things I will treasure the most on this trip is the connection with friends.

I had such a deep, magical and lovely time with the talented erin meharg.

The last time I had seen erin was under very strange and stressful circumstances in England although at the time she had no idea my world was being turned upside down! 
Erin was at MCSJ assisting Holly Gage at the end of 2010 so we had a lot to catch up on.

erin became my late~night work buddy and we would divide our time between, story telling, silent working, laughing, crying and sipping a good glass of red.

We were the only two in the studio until way after midnight and this is what I'd see if I glanced over from my work
I wish I had a photo of the fantastic little pixie houses she made~they were amazing!
I knew it was time for bed when I started seeing creatures living in my slip pot!

1 comment:

  1. It was absolutely delightful to spend late, creative nights with you! And your eye-clasp still boggles my mind.

    ReplyDelete